Saturday, 11 April 2015

DOX Restaurant, Hyatt Regency Dusseldorf

Spring is finally here! Fantastic ...

With our new baby in tow, fresh from Zuffenhausen oven few weeks ago, we have been looking for all possible ways to enjoy it with full speed on and the top down.  Easter weekend was the perfect opportunity for that and we surely am glad to have utilised it to the fullest.

Hubby loves it when I give him a treat.  And I do too, whenever I come across a place I´m eager to try out.  Hubby who loves to dine near the water was delighted when I brought him to DOX.  Not so difficult to see why as all the elements are there ... lovely view, lovely weather, lovely food, lovely drink and lovely wive infront of him :-) Oh, and our lovely drive with lovely baby too, of course ...

Least expected was when he decided to go for Salad instead of Beef Tartare and the seasonal White Asparagus Soup.
















Expected and not surprising from me, is the seasonal Asparagus Soup served with homemade Rye Bread with local ham and radish.  Pretty decent start for appetiser.

Ooohhh .. I´ve got foam on my Gnocchi!  It is delicious though and tasted nothing like it ... 

Haha, my hubby trying to be funny ...

The story is, I literarily had some real soap/foam accidently that morning while sipping my latte with a metal straw cum spoon and didn´t realise some leftover soap got lodged inside the hole ...

It´s foam day today! I exclaimed ...


My seasonal fish main course, serve alongside potato and parsnip mash with side spring vegetables ...

And not forgetting ... THE foam, of course ...


Their intepretation of Bayerische Creme was done elegantly.  Gone are the pudding-like slob in a glass but was instead, diligently sliced to perfection with a slightly firmer texture.  Love the crunchy bits on top too.  Macadamia? Possible.  The green Mint Sorbet was utterly DIVINE.  Something I would love to learn to make soon ...

Pretty soon, we were too stuffed to just sit down and taking it all in ...

Time to paint the town RED!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.