Wednesday, 4 June 2014

Ayam Goreng Nasi Lemak @ Ali, Muthu & Ah Hock, Oasis Damansara



































I use to complain how much inflation had blotted up the price of a simple plate of Nasi Lemak, or that bowl of fiery hot Curry Laksa until my attempt in making them here when craving hits.  It is no joke and super labour intensive. The whole ordeal starts from shopping for the right ingredient to going thru the tedious peeling, slicing or mixing the base flavour because one actually starts cooking.  For example Roti Jala, seen above here.  I gave up the idea even before starting just by looking at the recipe.

So each time whenever my friend back home ask me what I would like to eat, I would inevitably name something that involves (gulp) lots of work to prepare.  Bad, I know.  But that is because I know I won´t be going through all the fuse that often when I come back.  Yes, even with prepack curry paste and all, but what about the Roti Jala itself?  Or the fried chicken?

My friend H is what I call a kaki-makan.  So when she says she knows of a place that serves equally good if not better Nasi Lemak than Village Park, I believe here.  Its awesome! 
























Ali, Muthu and Ah Hock in Oasis Damansara got them all right.  Chicken was flavourful, crispy and juicy, BUT they could have serve them piping hot for the WOW factor.  But nevertheless, its thumbs up.  Rice was every bit fragrant.  Sambal at the side tasted balance and good.  I really can´t fault anything further.

Their Roti Jala was a surprise too.  Me and H both ordered a portion of their famous Nasi Lemak so by the time we fisnished our rice, we were stuffed.  But it did not stop us from cleaning up the Roti Jala.  Flavourful again, the chef seems to be very good with balancing out the flavour and the curry chicken, just the right consistensy in terms of spiciness, creaminess and flavour of course.

I will return again to explore more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.