Saturday, 8 February 2014

Steamed Scallops (Chinese Style)

































One of the easiest and most impressive dishes I´ve prepared for myself this Lunar New Year are these Steamed Scallops.  It is common dish to order in refined chinese restaurants in Malaysia but can be pretty pricey hence, one usually get to eat only a piece or two from the serving platter if you are lucky.  I was fortunate to spot some in the morning market here two weekends ago. 

It looked nothing like the photo when I got them as I had to scrub away the scums forming at shells outside and removing all the outer body part and leaving only the muscle (the white flesh where its prized) intact.  My hands and my kitchen stank so this better be worth it, I told myself.  Indeed it was.  I carefully arrange the sliced ginger, garlic, cilantro and chilli on top of the scallops after a quick 3 minutes steam, before drizzling some garlic oil, xiao shing wine and soya sauce on top of it.  It was delicious and fresh tasting that 8 pieces of these babies were not enough for me alone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.