Sunday, 16 February 2014

Hakka Pork Roll (Chuen Kuen)

































Chinese New Year finally comes to an end with the celebration of Chap Goh Meh.  It falls on the fiftenth day of the first month in Chinese Solar Calendar and coincidently, its on 14 February this year which coincides with Valentines Day.  The chinese also has a tradition of throwing mandarin oranges to nearby lakes with their contact number written on it hoping to meet their future spouse during this period so I reckon this February 14th is a good start to merge both chinese and western tradition?!

Me and hub are old school people.  My hubby nor me believes in celebrating Valentines Day the commercial way.  We feel that we should not just take this day to show affection and our love for each other but should instead be a constant effort every single day.  I love pampering my hubby whenever I can so although we shyed away in the past, I was in the mood to surprise him this year.

I woke up very early today to bake us a moist, dark, Varlhrona Chocolate Cake.  I also picked up a kilo of very juicy looking strawberries.  Later mid afternoon, I made us an appetiser of Hakka Pork Rolls as seen above.  Dinner is still under works as I am writing this.  I guess my slice of the chocolate cake got on the way and I´m way too stuff to think of dinner now, but will see ...

Happy Valentine´s Day everyone and Happy Chap Goh Meh to all those celebrating!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.