Saturday, 1 February 2014

Beehive Cookie

































Apart from Pineapple Tart, I made Beehive Cookie for the first time.  The recipe sounds fairly straightforward but the making off I must say, takes a lot of practise.  Before I embark on the deepfying process, I did a research on the temperature of the oil for frying.  The ideal is suppose to be 180C if one would like the form to be clean and not puffed up like what you see here.  I´ve used a machine with temperature control and YET, it ended up this way.  So, I reckon 180C is not the right temperature then.  That aside, the cookie itself taste lovely.  Its crunchy yet light,  BUT a tad oily as compared to any baked cookies out there.  But still, I love them nevertheless.

Before I end this post, I would like to wish all of you celebrating a Happy Chinese New Year.  May the year of the Horse brings you prosperity, laughter, good health and joy :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.