Friday, 27 September 2013

Snowskin Lotus Paste Mooncake for Mid-Autumn Festival

This year, I was fortunate to be back home in Malaysia twice. The first during Chinese New Year where hubby came along, and second was during summer holidays here seeing I had a couple of weeks off work. The second time however was more of a humbling affair to see my dad. His cataract operation went horribly wrong under some unskilled eye surgeon and it was those moments where I felt its better to be beside him, giving him the moral support while trying to recover back. He is almost good now, but will take possibly few weeks more before he could drive. One of the thing I was fairly pleased about on this trip was buying some lotus paste back to Germany for baking. Infact, the snowskin ingredient itself was all readily packed neatly and all I needed to do was follow some instruction behind the packaging like how cake-mix boxes does. The verdict - superb! Snowskin are known to be quite tricky to make. You need cooked glutinous rice flour which I made last year but it tasted horrible. So, this readily packed flour, shortening and some syrup is a total blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.