Thursday, 18 April 2013

Tarragon, Basil & Rosemary Quiche






























Continuing our eating seasonally challenge, (thanks DH Hamburg for organising!), I decided to use herbs which is being used as seasoning usually as a highlight instead.  Herbs in this part of Europe comes in very handy from dried to fresh form from the pot or from ones garden so with spring hitting this part of the world, it is available abundantly. Yeahhhhh ....

This quiche recipe is something I´d learned while staying with my cousin in France.  The dough can be store bought puff pastry, or you can knead 200 grams flour, an egg and roughly a cup of water with your mixer until it forms a ball dough.  Add some olive oil to give it a nice fragrant too.  If the water is not enough, just dribble some in until you see the crumbles in your mixing bowl finally coming together.  For the quiche filling, all I did was crack 3 eggs into 200 ml cream.  Mix them together.  Add a cup of cheese, in here I´ve used Gruyere because its my absolute favourite for baking and last but most importantly, lets not forget the herbs!  I´ve got in there half cup of chopped up tarragon, another half cup of basil and some sprinks of rosemary.  I was rather careful with rosemary because it can get overpowering, not to mention its texture being coarse too ... so go gentle on it.  Und voila!  Please excuse my german french hehe ... mix them all up - throw them into the oven to bake for a good 40 minutes at 180C! Then its done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.