Monday, 22 October 2012

St. Pierre Tomato with Maille Moutarde a l'Ancienne au Bourgogne Chardonnay

































While in Paris a few weeks ago, I picked up a very rare bottle of Maille Dijon mustard from their flagship store.  It was sold by weight and in old jars like how they did when they first started their business in 1747.  It came in two selection which I can´t remember what the other one was but the one I took was with Chardonnay. Oh yes, anything with alcohol is good with me :-)  Seeing it got a bit warmer here last week, I finally harvested the few french tomatoes leftover from our greenhouse.  The tomatoes are exquisite.  Sweet, firm, fleshy and tasted flavourful and not watery and light like some.  I love it.  I think I´m gonna hunt down the seed again to be reseeded end of this winter.  As for the mustard, it is sourish due to the chardonay added in. I wouldn´t have liked it as much on its own but eaten with the lovely tomatoes, it went really well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.