Tuesday, 10 July 2012

My Minus 6kg in a Month Program ...

I was getting really, really tired of upgrading my clothing size here.  And of course, the bigger it is, the more boring the cut gets and it does nothing to one´s self esteem.  About a month back, I thought ... this is it and something needs to be done!  I want back my old size when I first arrived here.  I want to wear my summery dresses which I use to wear but had since ditched it for thick pullover over the cold months here.  Food here is of course, full of cream, cakes with lots of pork pieces.  Its not good but I shall not put the blame on what is norm to eat here.  Self control is always the key.  So, here was my action plan which I am sharing here because two of my DH friends wanted to give this a try too ...

its CALORIE COUNTING METHOD ...

First thing I do is, STEP ON THE SCALE EVERY MORNING WITHOUT CLOTHES .. and TAKE NOTE!

Day 1 - Breakfast (Small Coffee with milk and sweetener 80 calorie) & 30 grams Cornflake in 80ml Milk (175 calorie), Lunch (Half Plate of Noodle with Vege 200 calorie), 2 Peaches (160 calorie), Dinner (Provence Style Pasta with Zucchini, Tomatoes, Capsicums, Mushroom Stir Fry with light Bacon and serve with 50 grams Pasta (400 calories), Dessert (Yoghurt Ice Cream between 80-120 calorie) - Calorie of the Day is around 1135.

Day 2 -  Breakfast (Small Coffee with milk and sweetener 80 calorie) & 30 grams Cornflake in 80ml Milk (175 calorie), Lunch (Half Portion Leftover Pasta 200 calorie), 2 Nectarines (160 calorie), Steam Chicken Rice (600 calories), Dessert 1 Praline 80 calorie) - Calorie of the Day is around 1295.

Day 3 - Breakfast (Small Coffee with milk and sweetener 80 calorie) & 30 grams Cornflake in 80ml Milk (175 calorie), Lunch (Half Portion Leftover Chicken Rice 300 calorie), 1 Apple (80 calorie), 1 Bak Chang (300 calories), Dessert Ice Cream 120 calorie) - Calorie of the Day is around 1055.

Day 4 - Breakfast (Small Coffee with milk and sweetener 80 calorie) & 30 grams Cornflake in 80ml Milk (175 calorie), Lunch (1 Bak Zhang or Instant Noodle 300 calorie), 2 Peaches (160 calorie),  2 Pc Grilled Chicken Breast with Fresh Salad (500 calories) - Calorie of the Day is around 1215.

Day 5 - Breakfast (Small Coffee with milk and sweetener 80 calorie) & 30 grams Cornflake in 80ml Milk (175 calorie), Lunch (Chicken Sandwich with leftover Chicken on Toast 350 calorie), 1 Peach (80 calorie), Morrocan Chicken Tagine with Potato 280 calorie (1 chic thigh serving), Dessert Ice Cream 120 calorie) - Calorie of the Day is around 1085.

Day 6 - Breakfast (Small Coffee with milk and sweetener 80 calorie) & 30 grams Cornflake in 80ml Milk (175 calorie), Lunch (Burger King Grilled Chic Burger 300 Calorie), 2 Nectarines (160 calorie), Chicken Sate (4-5 sticks) 250 calorie, Dessert Ice Cream 120 calorie) - Calorie of the Day is around 1085.

Day 7 - Breakfast (Small Coffee with milk and sweetener 80 calorie) & 30 grams Cornflake in 80ml Milk (175 calorie), Lunch (Leftover Sate 250 calorie), 2 Peaches (160 calorie), Fish Curry 300 Calorie White Rice (s) 100 Calorie, Dessert Ice Cream 120 calorie) - Calorie of the Day is around 1185

Its a recommendation and up to you girls to play around what you feel like cooking girls! The main objective here is to count the calorie (painstakingly) but once you go around it the first week, you will feel more concious of the food implication you put in.  The calorie intake here is too low for daily requirement yeah so you have some extras to play around with either with the food portion or treat yourself to something else in between! As for me, I do recommend striking off sweet stuff altogether such as cakes, biscuits, or even soft drinks! Those prove to pile up the kilo straightaway when I step on the scale (but its applicable to me, not sure about you so do try!).

Lastly, keep a spreadsheet of what you take.  It helps a lot. And yes, also drinking lots of water which I´ve not included.  And exercise of course but I´m a lazy bump so nothing extra for me except for housework which is already sufficient!

So far I am happy with it but I feel that I have lots lots more to go because my butt is still sticking out like a sore thumb!

Good luck girls, kar yau!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.