Friday, 4 May 2012

Pictures from my new TOY! And work update ...

WooT! Hubby got me a new camera! Happy and glad is an understatement, I am thrilled to the MAX and has been snapping away since I got them two days ago!  :-D  My new toy is not any new camera but also comes with two lenses.  This means that I am moving away from standard point and shoot camera so, there´s much to learn really; about its functionality, the aperture, light control, speed and stuff like that ... but having said that, it is very user friendly.  Thankfully.  They call this camera Semi Pro, it is meant to fit the void between standard point & shoot and professional series DSLR.  What is the occassion you may ask .. well actually, it is a pre-spring vacation gift for ourselves.  He is going to get himself a  new foldable bicycle from UK and he thought it would be nice for me to get something to play with too when we depart for our spring holiday in two weeks time. 

So update update a bit with new shoots ...

This was taken yesterday ... can you believe it I actually tagged all my tulips in colour coded tape.  Reason being is, I am thinking of getting them sorted out according to height to be rearranged again this autumn. Lots of work but worth it ... I hope.


Hubby is rushing to finish off the greenhouse by this weekend.  The weather is getting warmer so its nice working outdoor at this time of the year.  Also, it would be nice to see MIL doing her summer potting from here instead of the garage´s work bench which we felt was too high for her.  Hubby brought back 3 packets of French Pine Wood.  Good choice loukung because it not only looks great, it smell sooo good!!!


The soil spills over to the walkway each time it rains resulting in us having to clean them up constantly so, I made a resolution this year to dig that 1 feet lengthwise hole. and getting them filled with concrete slaps to secure the soil in place.  I didn´t know digging holes of such dimension can be so messy and hard. But its done ...


Hello home from the back!


Allium should be out really, really soon ...


The Geraniums growing well with the sunny weather now so I guess I´m going to head to the garden centre soon to pick up more for the balcony pots.

1 comment:

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.