Wednesday, 2 November 2011

Indian Dhal Curry with Cheats Naan aka Storebought Focaccia!




































I tried reviving back routine to follow my daily meal planning but somehow, only suceeding halfway.  The plan was fairly ambitious actually.  Dhal was in the menu, partly because we´ve just bought a hugeee sack of potatoes seeing its in season, fresh and dirt cheap.  I wanted to make somekind of indian bread after being inspired lately by Reza, the Prince of Spice which is being aired right now in Food Network.  The Dhal was marvelous and I did it without any recipe book! I was so amazed with myself and to elavate that feeling further, hubby went to toast up a few more slices of bread for second helping! Wow! This dhal recipe is a keeper ... so to keep it safe, I will just scribble the recipe here quickly incase I need to redo them again.

- I first heat some oil in a medium size pot, add in about a teaspoon of aniseed and cumin seed. They started popping immediate, and burned a bit but I continued with ...
- Adding in 2 large chopped onion, 1/2 chopped carrots (fr large size carrots) and 4-5 chopped medium size potatoes. 
- I also added in 1 teaspoon of Garam Masala, Tumeric, Madras and Garlic Powder.  Sautee till its fragrant.
- Pour in 2 cups of water, 1 cup of chickpeas, season with 1 chicken cube, salt and pepper and let it cook for 30 minutes. Done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.