Thursday, 13 October 2011

Bak Kut Teh for Asian Tuesday



































Some people are just simply good with influencing other people while some are just easily being influenced.  I belong to the latter category and this was exactly what happened early this week while chatting to some friends over Facebook.  DH Drachten suddenly had the urge to cook BKT (short form for Bak Kut Teh) seeing the weather´s cold and gloomy outside.  DH Almere wanted to have some too but did not have any of the spice mix around.  DH Ooshuizen started offering hers when she sees her next.  I can´t recall if DH Hamburg was in the conversation or not soon after because the conversation clearly got me up on my toes quickly, went to the kitchen, ransacked my asian pantry and started putting the assembles together!  DH Drachten is right.  BKT is perfect for cold weather like now.  I ate them over Tuesday evening for dinner as well as on Wednesday for lunch.  Warm and fulfilling and thankfully, I think I have a few packets of the spices around still ...

1 comment:

  1. Show off! Hahaha ..now you are influencing me and unlike you I don't have any...

    ReplyDelete