Tuesday, 23 August 2011

Yakitori Skewers & Star-of-Bethlehem [Chincherinchee] for Asian Tuesday


I was a bit surprise when hubby picked Yakitori from one of our asian cookbook when I hand them over to him.  As I know, he´s not into soya sauce.  But alas, it seems that he is okay with japanese soya sauce but not the rest. Ah well.  I don´t blame him.  Japanese cuisine flavour are lighter as compared to the other asian cuisine so I reckon, it takes a while to get use too.  Its good that I enjoy japanese food too and that I am not one of those who cannot do without flavour from my homeland.

Today, I had a fantastic lunch of Scholle, or Plaice as its called in Ireland or Dover Sole when in England. I had them simple grilled with some salt, pepper and a dash of lemon juice.  Scholle is a very fine textured fish with mild, buttery sweet flavour.  One have to be very careful when flipping them over when pan frying them so I can´t think of other way of cooking this delicate fish so that it stays intact apart from pan fying.  To those whom have not tried them before, do give this a try when you come across .. it surely is a fine fish.



































I wanna show you what MIL gave me last week! She seems to be in the mood of giving again and had given me a pot of Star-of-Bethlehem (Chincherinchee)

Lucky me! :-D

4 comments:

  1. You guys really eat so healthy. I really gotta learn to be more like you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty Flower! I miss coming to your blog - haven't been blogging for ages just manage to catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Flowers r sooooo beautiful!!!! if only they will grow in hot sunny Msia :((

    ReplyDelete