Monday, 22 August 2011

Quattro Formaggio Linquine for Pasta Monday

Hubby gets excited over what I would cook come every Monday.  He would without fail ask what pasta I have in mind whenever he gets off work.  Today he offered to cook thinking I am not up for it but quickly told him I already had plans.  We do have a few varieties of cheeses in our fridge still and I have been waiting to use them up in cooking to mellow down some of the heavier cheese taste.  I also pointed out that we should look into Italy for our next holiday destination since he is so into Italian food.  What an opportunist wife he got there! :-D


This dish calls for 4 varieties of cheeses and today, I had used equal portion of Parmigiano Reggiono (Italian), Tommette de Domessin (French), Mimolette (French) and Petit De Savoie (Swiss) ...

We both loveee the combo.  I think I am going to experiment making pizza out of it next, or some sort of savoury tartlets for inbetween bites.  Our accompanying today is of course ... a salad.  Just to balance our dinner a bit with the heavy cheese meal.

4 comments:

  1. The pasta look so good, how do you make that sauce?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I was just thinking to miss dinner , because I have a few kilos to lose, but after seeing these photos - impossible!

    Storage London

    ReplyDelete
  3. add butter in pan, then add cream and then lastly the cheeses. then stir stir stir .. tahts it! easy right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete