Wednesday, 10 August 2011

Nasi Goreng Kampung and Bean Soup for Vegetarian Friday


Last Friday, I found that it is fairly easy to make Nasi Goreng Kampung at home.  Dried Prawns, Ikan Bilis, Chillis, Shallots, Onions and Garlic - blended to a paste, sauteeing them with oil till fragrant then adding a bowl of rice into the paste while gently coating them thoroughly.  I am a big fan of Nasi Goreng Kampung but didn´t realise its so doable at home.  Now that the secret is out, this will be one of the staple I can quickly whip up whenever I miss something spicy and kicking.

Hub offered to cook our freshly harvested beans from our garden that evening for dinner.  The crunchiness and lightness of the bean is evident in every mouthful.  In my opinion, beans from the garden are the best I have eaten so far - be it from someone´s garden or your own. There´s another batch more so, let´s hope they grew well ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.