Saturday, 18 June 2011

KL Hokkien Mee for Vegetarian Friday



































Last nights dinner was suppose to be vegetarian but a good pantry clean up in the afternoon where I stumble upon a packet of Udon Noodle had been heating up the wok for good ole KL Hokkien Mee for dinner.  It could have been a vegetarian version but what is Hokkien Mee without the prawns, squid and pork slices? I would not have missed pork lard too if not because I simply don´t have them ... so yes, it was a sudden crave for a lovely Friday evening. But I must confess.  This is not good enough, simple because I had used the wrong brand of soya sauce and dark soya sauce.  I think I will give this a try again with my Msian sauces coming Tuesday. So stay tune!  If you wanna give this a try at home .. do click here for the recipe.  Have fun!

6 comments:

  1. I miss hokkien mee so much..it's one of my favourite!! Yours look delicious!!

    udon noodle sounds like a good idea too! i'll try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Mae! Follow the recipe at my other blog and do use only Msia dark soya sauce and soya sauce yeah .. and it should turn out fine :-) Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Which brand is it? From the asia shops here they sell only sauces from China..

    ReplyDelete
  4. the ones here has a funny smell so I really won´t advise you to try unless the crave is really bad. I cooked these with Lee Kum Kee premium dark but also got dissapointed. Perhaps Kicap Manis will be better? I don´t know .. not sure Mae ..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hehe..Thanks Lianne.

    ReplyDelete
  6. welcome and after trying, do let me know how it is yeah :-)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.