Saturday, 14 May 2011

Smoked Salmon, Rösti, Apfelmus & Pumpernickel for German Thursday


Great!  Blogger got their technical issues resolved and now I can resume back to blogging!  Althought my withdrawal syndrome is not as bad as someone I know :-D, lets call her DH Almere here yeah - I still cannot help logging in few times yesterday just to check if blogger is back on track.  Haha.

So, back to my daily makan report ... here´s our dinner on Thursday.  It is German night and naturally, it is one of hubby´s favourite day.  I had earlier picked up a packet of smoke salmon to go with Rosti potatoes which I grated with hand and are from very early harvest so, you can imagine how good this is!  Over here, they like to eat their Rösti with Apfelmus (apple puree) and I figured this is good enough for hubby´s dinner plus the side salad that I had prepared.  But how wrong!

Hubby specifically said ... `You are taking Lachs with your Rösti and me only with Apfelmus???`

Hello hubby ... I thought you don´t like anykind of fish and seafood???

Anyway, my Rösti preparation is kinda different this time round.  I baked them in the oven with drizzle of olive oil and a stalk of rosemary on each circle of Rösti.  I find this method good enough and not too oily versus the pan-fried version.

Just before I was about to start clicking my camera, hubby started arranging some pumpernickel on his bed of apfelmus puree.  With a big grin on his face, he said those are sail boats :-P  Okayla, loukung ... but the dinner nice or not ah?



































Half and hour later, we decided to indulge ourselves with some ice cream.  We had pannacotta, tiramisu and peppermint flavour ... yum, yum, yummmm ....

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha... I was just about to give up, but you keep me going. I have to learn how to make rosti from scratch one day and the sail boats in the apple mouse too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops spelling mistake , mousse (?) apfelmus

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.