Tuesday, 17 May 2011

Mee Rebus for Asian Tuesday



































This dish, although is packet stuff from Prime Taste, it took me no less than 30 minutes to prepare and assemble.  Boiling potatoes takes time.  Same as boiling eggs which I should have place them together in the same pot as the potatoes, but no, I did not and had used an egg boiler machine instead.  Frying shallots takes time too.  And so does the onion fritter which I made from scratch with flour, baking powder and chopped onion.  The sauce itself were fairly straightforward, requiring no more than 10 minutes. And oh yes, the noodles need at least 8 minutes.  But overall, it is a good attempt and fairly tasty I must say.  Hub gave thumbs up althought seafood (which I suspect is dried shrimps) taste were detected.  I´m glad it did not turn out as disastrous as last night´s Spagetti Marmite.  Haha.

11 comments:

  1. thanks Bree, you can also make this .. easy la .. packet stuff from toko in amsterdam ahh lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kang....eh chiak wo......hahahah but seriouly it does looks good....


    ahchoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. For some reason, I thought I spotted some bacon in your mee rebus - do my eyes deceive me?

    (And even if it isn't, I think it's a great idea for bacon to be added into mee rebus, haha.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes Michelle .. thats what I saw in some photos at Flickr :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes Michelle .. thats what I saw in some photos at Flickr :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aiya Choo .. chua si me bek chiak! Worst case scenario, something not cook right .. lau sai only la hahaha ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I should have used Bacon instead, a lot less work and yummier too huh ... aiya, next time keep that in mind :-D What you saw were just fried fritters ah, with chopped up onions ...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bacon it is, then, for the next mee rebus day! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. my one and only packet of prime taste is sitting nicely in my tummy :-P got to go all the way to amsterdam to get it ah ..

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.