Friday, 27 May 2011

Königsberger Klöpse without Capers for German Thursday



































A local supermarket chain reopened yesterday and without any second thought, I went to check it out.  I also held back our German Thursday meal planning to see what is on offer.  Then I came across Königsberger Klöpse packet sauce which requires me to only pour them over some meat patties and potatoes and voila, German Thursday!  But the course calls for an important ingredient which is Capers. 

And you know how things goes.  Of all things they don´t have, it is Capers.  Bummer.  So plan B is, grab a can of mushroom to concoct up my version of Königsberger Klöpse.  Sauce was a simple cream sauce with side serving of seasonal white asparagus, which I cooked thoroughly due to the recent e-Coli scare in Germany here.
 
So what do you think of my version of Königsberger Klöpse?

6 comments:

  1. What do I think of your version? Methinks it's a meal fit for a king! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. really ka? ampunnnn tuanku .. silakan makan? :-P

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks delicious!! I make the Frikadellen always..and those spargel tastes really good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i make frikadelle sometimes but when time does not permit, then I resort to packet stuff from the supermarket lol. But somehow, mine still taste different. What do you put in your frikadelle? Oh yess .. I cannot get enough of spargel when it is in season :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I buy the packet stuff sometimes too. I think this recipe is quite nice:

    http://www.chefkoch.de/rezepte/823381186991712/Frikadellen.html

    and i'll add in more onions into my frikadellen.

    I wish i can eat spargel everyday but it's too expensive..Hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally different from how I made it. My MIL´s version uses potato flour and also egg to bind it all in and this recipe is without. Sounds lighter too. Okok, I will give this a try. Thanks! Yeah la, not possible to eat spargel everyday except it its bottled stuff coz cheaper lol .. but I am happy with once a week :-D

    ReplyDelete