Thursday, 26 May 2011

Moelleux au Chocolate and Escargot Dinner for Fusion Wednesday

Thanks DH Almere and DH France for the gorgeous, gorgeousss Moelleux au Chocolate recipe! They turned out perfect, just like how I´ve seen on many blogs.  It was really chocolatey and rich, and for those of you whom wanna give this a try, I am thinking of sharing the recipe but first, let me ask permission from the recipe owner first yeah :-D

Check out the melted chocolate in the centre.  Glorioussss ohh chocolate :-D

Last night, hub had only these for dinner.  He had been working hard downstairs to assemble MIL´s new single bed from their old XL bedframe material eversince we decided ordered a new bed for FIL´s condition.  Their old bedframe must go because the Elderly Care personnel had requested more space from both side of which the old one lacks due to his bed mechanic being inside the King Size bedframe.  But what a pity because the bedframe was custom-made to match the whole house interior and it also holds so much memory for them.  Hub decided to salvage the material and shrinking it into a single bedframe.  In theory, it is straightforward but practical wise, the bedframe´s curves and design is not so simple to be downsized. But I believe hubby can do it.  He is very handy liddat though he is not at all from carpentry background.  His job involves more calculation and planning the production floor in a totally different industry aka vehicle production so I must say, Bravo Hubby!!!

Lately too, hub´s tummy had been getting upset frequently.  I suspect he has been skipping lunch due to urgency matter in his workplace :-(  Because of that, he´s been eating small, frequent meals at home ( I hope he does that too at workplace) and just the night before, he was having a hardtime finishing up the Nasi Ayam Malaysia.  Poor hubby :-(  So, I do hope he gets better soon.

I heat up another french inspired appetiser to fill up my tummy.  These are frozen stuff but I can say, it tasted nothing like the frozen ones I´ve tried in Livron, France when I was with my cousin sister. Though not so bad, they were undersalted and hmmm ... unspringy which this dish, Escargot is so famous for.

But I ain´t got a choice here.  The only time I found them was at Netto Supermarket during their French Fair week.

13 comments:

  1. Wow it looks good and I love escargot !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Youpi, u've made it. Hope U've enjoy eatin it. Glad 2 share it with U.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, looks good huh Bree! Taste even better than it looks ah :-D And I especially like the pairing with cherry ice cream too! Good tip! Reminds me of Blackforest Cake but deconstructed version from Falance la .. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yess Cali, I did not expect it to be so straightforward to make but I guess with the right recipe, its possible! Thanks again and err .. I hope I don´t sound like Evil! Hahahaa easy laaa ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. My next door grandma buys escargot from the can too and made with her own concocted butter and spice mix and spread them on the top and baked in the oven. It was good, i am stil chasing her for the recipe. How did youcook yours?
    It is EASY right?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh .. you can get escargot in cans? Means with shell or without? Mine comes as it is, from freezing department with butter stuffing and herb seasoning in liao. All I need to do is chuck them into the oven to cook. Easy peasy la haha. Sap sap sui!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lianne,

    you can get the frozen escargot in edeka too. i've never tried it before though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I must check them out then. I hope they taste better than the Netto ones! Thanks Mae :-D You live in Germany? Which part?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah, i live in Germany at the Black Forest region. I live in a small city called Villingen :) and i'm Malaysian too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh great! Nice to meet you Mae :-D Its always lovely to hear from another Msian living in Deutschland :-D Perhaps you can give me some pointers of what else to cook for my German Thursday plan :-D Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lianne, i'm the one that should ask you for some pointers to cook for my husband! haha! you are great in cooking..i'm nowhere near to your cooking skills! i've been cooking the same thing all the time..schnitzel, maultaschen, bratwurst..that's all :P

    and it's very nice to meet you too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Huh .. no la, no la ... I cannot take credit for that hehe coz I surf online a lot to get inspiration and its all from other pple too :-D Oh, do you make your own maultaschen`? Mine did not end up well ...

    ReplyDelete
  13. No..i didn't make Maultaschen on my own..Haha! I'm a lazy person. I made the gyoza from scratch before and it was so much of work..I guess Maultaschen is like our dumplings too.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.