Tuesday, 19 October 2010

Pad Thai Noodle & Rose Flavoured Konnyaku Dinner

 
I had a packet of ready made Pad Thai Noodle pack about to expire so I had them for dinner tonight.  It is my second time trying this prepacked stuff but this time round, I omitted the fish sauce because I ran out of it.  Strangely, I felt that the noodle tasted better tonight.  I am not sure if it is the result from the fish sauce omisson or I added mussels into the cooking process.  Either way, this will surely be the way how I wanna cook it in the future when I grab more of these ready made packets from Asian store.

A few nights ago, a fellow Malaysian I met from blogsphere and residing in Switzerland now featured a batch of her Rose Flavoured Agar Agar in her FB photo folder. Needless to say, I ransacked my pantry to replicate what I saw. Since I don´t have agar agar with me, I had used whatever I can find to be flavoured with rose flavoured essence. This style of flavoured jelly was actually my childhood food. My mum would make a big tray of it during the weekend and I can still remember how my siblings and myself will actually make frequent visit to the kitchen just to go steal a piece while waiting for it to chill in the fridge. Needless to say, my mum was not too please when she finds out but strangely, I can´t recall the moment after that but only the eating part :-) These to me, though simple tasting, makes me happy and contented when I was a child.

Am counting the days to Chinese New Year, again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.