Tuesday, 21 September 2010

Chinese Jiaozi for Early Mid Autumn Festival Dinner

I´m a bit confused.  I read in some blogs Chinese Mid Autumn Festival falls tomorrow but a quick check with Wiki states that it is on the 22nd September this year???  Anyway, we celebrated them today since  hubby is going off to his Stammtisch trip tomorrow morning.

(I just realised that today is 21st! Blurrrrr me!)

Bild 1391

Instead of serving tradtional mooncake, I cooked two varieties of Stir Fry Vegetables as side dishes. We had Stir Fry French Beans with Shrimps and Stir Fry Spinach with Baby Shitake Mushrooms.

Bild 1400

I made Jiaozi for the first time from scratch! A lot of work people but sooo, sooo worth it.  Thanks to Cooking Gallery where I got the recipe from, the dumpling were super, duper yummy!  Even my hubby whom detest ginger and garlic in his meal ate them all up and gave thumbs up for the taste!  I have another batch to go and I´ll probably have them for lunch tomorrow.  Do look out for the recipe in my other blog soon yeah.  You will not be disappointed, I promise :-)

1 comment:

  1. Lianne, when you are here in Amsterdam, teach us to make that so delicious looking jiaozi ok? :p

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.