Friday, 11 June 2010

The thing about Moodboard



Recently, my sister back home shared me a few great news.  After living in the same condominium block as I did since 2006, her family had decided to secure a landed property right across PJ´s most popular and commercial district.  Their current unit on the 19th floor is great, especially during New Year´s Eve celebration where all we need to do is walk out the the balcony to enjoy the paranomic view of all the fireworks coming from One Utama, Ikano Shopping Centre, Ikea, Centrepoint and as far as Mont Kiara area.  But as it is, her family is growing and the three bedroom place is about to burst.  Imagine having two kids, a dog, herself and hubby plus two maids in a 1,000 sf space.  But the place holds great memories for me.  My unit is at 2nd floor, about the same size but comes with only 2 bedroom.  My parents live with me and when I go to work, all I need to do is `deposit`my mum upstairs with the maid.  Living so closeby is lovely too because my place gets cleaning and maintenance service free every 2-3 times a week, courtesy from my sister :-)  Transportation is great too, with taxi and bus service being at the doorstep, and if anything else is needed, there´s always a spare car available within our household.  Shopping, meeting friends of simply taking a drive to somewhere  is a breeze, not to mention affordable petrol.

Anyway, sis requested me to help her out with her new place´s interior work.  At times like these, I wish I am back home to literarily hands-on onto the project.  Apart from being thrilled by the thought of staying at her place when its ready (I think she has about 4 rooms in her place), I love the Mutiara Damansara location as it is just 5 minutes walk across from all my frequent joint such as Borders, Popular Bookstore, MPH, Ikea, Harvey Norman, Brands Outlet, Starbucks and Tesco. Five shopping malls right opposite her place.  I think I will go crazy. :-)

So, what is this thing about Moodboard.  It is essentially a creative board where you paste in all the bits and pieces you want in your plan.  I think internet had evolved to such great maturity that one can find almost all kinds of creative moodboard for usage complimentary.  This one, from Olioboard is courtesy of Decor8´s recommendation.  If you are new to her, and love anything to do with home decoration, I suggest you to hop over asap.  She is one hell of a passionate and talented woman, not to mention generous too.

My sis´s current place is zen-like.  A bit of dark wood here and there, and very typical style of houses in Kuala Lumpur or Petaling Jaya.  For me, I am a fan of scandinavian design.  White, white, white and all white with accent of light wood texture here and there.  But having a bigger space means you can play with it more.  Perhaps tone the space down a little with a bit more homely effect hence, I have put together something for her here, close to Zen again, in the event if she wants to have the same relaxing effect when she returns home from work to home sweet home.

This is her Modern Asian Diningroom Concept, inspired by Earthy Colour with Modern Furniture Pieces. 

What do you think?


1 comment:

  1. nice blog.. have a view of my blog when free.. http://www.lonelyreload.blogspot.com .. do leave me some comment / guide if can.. if interested can follow my blog...

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.