Tuesday, 9 March 2010

Ming Room, Bangsar Shopping Centre

They still got it after all these years. Excellet food in a typical chinese restaurant setting but some categorise them under fine chinese food. Well, it is all the same to me with chopsticks fighting for the first piece but always avoiding the last. Noise level is usually high irregardless how well dress the crowd is but what I reckon really stands out here are their ingeniuos way of preparing the dishes with a twist. Our friend Helena did the ordering and it all hit the right note in terms of taste and were not too heavy overall.

Photobucket

Lou Sang were the call of the Lunar New Year.  Fresh Salmon no less and what a treat after missing them for almost two years!  Next on the list were Deep Fried Soft Shell Crab Wrapped in Mantou. Gorgeously done up with crispy skin outer and soft flesh within, and enveloped within hot, piping chinese bun with cucumber slices and some sauce which I reckon is akin to plum sauce ala Peking Duck. I could not get enough.  Our next order was a fish dish of a Pomfret no less but skinned to the core and stir fry lightly with vegetables while its bones were deep fried to perfection with hot oil, and was ohhhh-soooo-satisfyingggg to chew on towards the end of the course.  I didn´t bother so much with etique and continued chewing on with the bones with my fingers.  Finger licking good, I tell ya.

Photobucket

Their scallops seems to be a popular hit in this restaurant for, many tables were seens enjoying them.  Though too garlicky, I was satisfied with how fresh it tasted and well it was steamed to retain its bounciness.  I can´t recall if the Lap Mei came first or the vege, but nevertheless, they both scored high point from me again.  I don´t remember enjoying Lap Mei very much during my younger days as I find them either too strong tasting, or too tough (undercooked).  The ones here were perfect.  Steamed to perfection and had a fine taste to every single assortment of cured meat present.  The Hongkong Kailan were unusually good too.  Fresh and springy, with hint of citrus taste.  What else can I ask for.  Alas, time for dessert with Deep Fried Nian Gao (which I find ordinary) and Tong Yuen in Ginger Syrup.  Delicate and not too sweet, a perfect end to our gathering.

I would like to thank Helena for taking time to organise this gathering.  It was nice catching up and to the rest - May, Enzo and Sharon, Joyce, Siong Wai, Lillian and Aiden ... great meeting up with you guys again and hope to see soon!

4 comments:

  1. Ohhh, that's so nice to have you back in Malaysia!! How long were you here?
    I've missed reading your blog...since I was away from blogging for a while myself =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have been hopping all over the world girl! what a life! yeah, i was back during CNY and now back in Germany lorrrr .. came back to what suppose to be starting spring but ended up with snow last weekend brrrrr

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have not been here! imagine that.. next time u come home, we must check it out:D

    ReplyDelete
  4. too many choices in KL de, so no surprise there that you´ve not visited this one lol, if only i have this problem here! *wishful thinking*

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.