Wednesday, 10 March 2010

Japanese Flower Mix Seed or White Bellis Seed Between Our Flower Bulbs?

Remember this post here back in November when we excitedly planted the flower bulbs I hauled back from Holland in our little garden?  I am not sure if they had survived winter (keeping my fingers and toes crossed), they have not sprouted anything from the ground yet and is still keeping warm within but as spring is around the corner, I figured it is about time to think of what to plant in between the flower bulb patches.  As one can see here, we got a bit creative last winter.  Instead of planting them in row which we did the year before, we inserted the bulbs in circles instead of which hubby marked earlier with a bucket.  Our little inspiration from Keukenhoff, hehe.  But the problem with this design is that, what are we going to do with the inbetween space?

Photobucket

Anyway, I rush over to Aldi when Mama showed me the mixed Japanese Flower seed she picked up this morning.  How ingenious way is that! To have them all  mixed in a container and tossing them later to ground.  And this is after buying 3 packets of White Bellis Seed from the garden centre last week.  I can´t decide which seed to sprinkle in between our Tulips, Allium, Ranunkels, Crocus and Scala bulbs now :-(

Japanese Flower Mix?
White Bellis?
Japanese Flower Mix?
White Bellis?
Japanese Flower Mix?
White Bellis?

ARGGGG!!!

If I were to use the Japanese Flower Mix, the whole patch here will be super colourful and Fusion!

If I were to use the White Bellis seed, the bulbs will definately STAND OUT! But ... I loveeee the Japanese Flower Mix! HOWWW LA???

Photobucket

Okok, I will figure this one out in no time and if fail, I reckon I can hijack another plot of land from Mama? Hehe.  Anyway, we picked up more seeds for our Herb Pot.  The ones last year (except for Schnittlauch) is dead.  With the help of my newly acquired Gardener´s Encyclopedia, my heart is beeming with excitement and hope to see Basil, Coriander, Dill, Majoram, Mint, Kresse and Feld Salad flourishing in our tiny pot again!  If I fail again this year, READ ME ... I will retire from Herb Gardening and will resort to buying potted ones from shop next time.  Don´t want to waste those seeds and time anymore.

Photobucket

So yeah, thats my little report on my gardening front.  On potted flower front, Mama and Papa gave us a woven bag filled with two potted plants for our wedding anniversary last week :-)  Mama knows I love white flowers so ...

Photobucket

And another thing ... I have officially gained back the weight I lost due to the accessive eating during my trip back home to KL, in Bangkok and recently to Paris.  So what´s a girl gotta do but ... to adjourne the effort again for health´s sake.  Don´t want to end up like my FIL and KL Mum (diabetic and stroke patient).  Here´s a little something hubby found in the supermarket recently. It is from Sonnen Bassermann.  It is ready packed meal (wait, give me a chance to explain!) but MINUS the preservatives and chemicals found in most packed meals AND the great thing is, there´s like 8-10 choices available, super easy to prepare and takes no longer than 20 minutes and most packs are under 400 calories!  Tastewise is good, light and does not taste like those typical ready made meals so ... So, here´s to my LESS THAN 1,200 Calorie Food Intake Per Day Weight Lost Program.

Photobucket

And wish me luck! Again ... :-)

2 comments:

  1. Hi!

    I have been reading your blog occasionally. And I can see you're into gardening. So recently for CNY, my aunt bought these 2 flowers that are imported from Holland and I'm trying to find out the names of the flowers. Maybe you can help me with it? So, can I email those pics that I took of the flowers? TQ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure so, anytime :-) My email is at lianne_kang@yahoo.com I may not be an expert but I have a pretty good book with me. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete