We had exactly THIS last Sunday (the day after Christmas) after all the heavy eating but how come my version of Soupe Auvergnate looks retarded? It tasted marvelous nevertheless, especially with freshly baked Ina Garten´s Gougeres and hubby´s freshly baked bread. We even had a glass each Riesling wine which we ordered not long ago, along with Pannacotta for dessert. Now, this is what I call a Sunday Meal :-)
Monday, 28 December 2009
Errr ... can fix the lights in our wardrobe Lou Kung??? Haha!
Saturday, 26 December 2009
Dinner was kept simple but delicious. It did not take long before the timer indicated that the Hawaii Schnitzel were ready in the oven. Not more than 20 minutes, and just about time for Mama to chop her mushroom and paprika up for a quick stir fry. The side rice were kept simple too, just lightly toasted with butter and herbs to fragrant it up. This year, Mama brought out a bottle of Champagne from another producer instead of Piper Heidsick or German Sekt. I like them better as it was not too sparkly. Sad to say, my tummy´s kinda sensative to good old German Sekt. Later that evening, we had a serving each of Pannacotta. We had more food the next day. Schweinbraten, Boiled Potatoes, Steamed Vegetables with Red Wine Pudding. All prepared with love from Mama Kocks. This is our Christmas.
Thursday, 24 December 2009
We are ready to celebrate Christmas and usher 2010 with the ones we love! And to you all whom had been frequenting my little space here, thank you very, very much for dropping by. Have a blessed Christmas and New Year everyone and see soon!
Sunday, 20 December 2009
So here´s what had been happening this week ... and perhaps, I will squeeze in another entry more before the final day if I have the time. We will see. Just incase I am not popping in here again, I would like to wish you all once more a Merry Christmas YÁLL and Be good!
Tuesday, 15 December 2009
- A cute Christmas Mug complete with teabags and coffee packets
- A pair of Winter Socks
- A Candlelight Holder with a tealight inside
- A Bottle of Homemade Liquor
- A Can of Whip Cream (to be served with the homemade liquor)
- And a Christmas Poem!
Now, now ... I can´t wait for Christmas Eve to enjoy them. Praying for snow now :-)
Monday, 14 December 2009
It was more than a Christmas Market visit this year :-) Thanks to Gabi and Marion whom organised everything from A-Z (even transport back to our respective home at 1am!), VIELEN, VIELEN DANK!
Patience, I must have ...
Tuesday, 8 December 2009
Thursday, 3 December 2009
Wednesday, 2 December 2009
I found this song from a dear friend´s recent add in Facebook and boy, it surely is cheery for winter season now :-) Thanks Paula! Muchos, muchoosss gracias Paula for the Viking Costume! And, and ... wow, what happen to Alejandro Sanz? He surely looks good here!
I owe you a bigggg lunch when I come down to London :-)
To do list by this week ...
- Get hubby to fix the tires on my bicycle tires otherwise, my form submittion to Finanzamt will be forfeited!
- Start baking Xmas cookies. All the ingredients except for Almond Powder is ready. Gotta go pick it up too.
- Finish up the Bar. It had been three months since but only 80% painted. A bit more Ms. Kang :-) Finish what you started ...
- Remove the masking tape from the staircase. Also, wipe the white staircase CLEAN. Gosh, I am not sure if white colour was such a great idea after all now that winter is here.
- Xmas decor, my way. Hub did his round by decorating our Advent Candle platter but I have tonnes of ideas still. Since our living room is green and grey, I have been thinking of introducing some glittery blue into the decor. Found some gorgeous ideas on the net like above. What do you think?
- And presents, presents, presents ... Hub´s one is tough. I know what he wants but prob is, it will cost me quite a bit to get it. Should I, or should I not? Hmmmm ... Mum and Dad´s one is solved. All I have to do is call up this friend to ask if her dad has the supply. If all goes well ... we will have an extra companion in the house soon :-) As for Hub´s brother, we are thinking of getting him a case of this very, very lovely wine. He and his GF is such a wine freak so why not eh ... In the process, it is also time for us to stock up ours. So here we go ... another 2-3 cases to add to our tiny, little space but I guess, we have to soon make use of our cellar space at the lower ground floor.
Okay peeps ... gotta run!