Saturday, 22 August 2009

First Lemon Plant ...

Photobucket
And all that I can see is just a yellow lemon-tree
I'm turning my head up and down
I'm turning turning turning turning turning around
And all that I can see is just another lemon-tree

Arggggg ... I can´t stand this song!
But I am loving my new pot of Lemon Plant. Woohoooooo! I have been eyeing one for the longgggest time ever but paying 20 Euro a pot is just too risky for a beginner like me hence I held back a few times until today. Luck was on my side. A local supermarket was clearing it for 2.50 Euro a pot and there were only one and only left! Hidden in between some other bushy plant, it was just my luck that I found it, really. I told myself that it is meant to be mine this time and happily, it came home with me. My only hope is ... I hope I can keep it alive until it bears lemon! Haha.


Photobucket

In addition, these are two pots of ... oh hang on, got to go ransack my bin for the wrapper for its name.

Backkkkk ... hubby cleared the bin already! How fast was that? I am sorry again that I am not able to furnish the name of this flower plant. So anyway, it was really pretty when I saw them in the garden centre here and was not too boring as compared to the crysanthemum plant which everyone seems to be picking up here coz its in season. But since I am from South East Asia and crysanthemum is abundance there. Besides, it is associated to flowers for the altar table and funeral ceremony so ... I try to avoid them as much as possible.

I was in the mood to grab some seeds for next Spring´s gardening but did not find anything I fancy except for this packet of African Bride :-)

Photobucket

A little update on food front since I have not posted much of it lately.

Here´s two typical item the locals eat during lunch in a cafe. The one at the top is made of potato base with brocolli and cheese topping, while the bottom one is Frikadelle (Minced Pork) Burger sandwiched with yummy Saurkraut for extra kick. In general, this kinda lunch break cost about 2.00 Euro. Not too bad eh.

1 comment:

  1. I can't stand that song too! Hehe... Can't wait to see it blooms.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.