Wednesday, 8 October 2008

Autumns Here

Autumn is my favourite season and it does not take a genious to understand why. Its cold, albeit too wet sometimes but the colours of the leaves, one can just get a bit overwhelmed by the hues sometimes. But before I feature a post on some autumn capture (which I have not done, really!), let me give you a round up on what´s happening in the garden front.

Two weeks ago, I added Marjoram to our INDOOR herb pot collection. The two potted basil which I had planted has officially passed away coz I place them near the heater (duh), so my next project will be replanting the basil. In total, and hopefully by end of the week, we would have 2 pots of basil, 1 pot marjoram, 1 pot parsley and a pot of oregano.

Photobucket

Our herb pot outside seems to be growing well except for the basil which we bought readily and replant inside the soil (again!). Too cold I guess. This basil ah, sooo sensative. Luckily, the ones which I transfer from seeding pot to here is healthy.

Photobucket

Our parsley is growing well too. But so darn slow. I have these here as well as a longgg row of it downstairs at the ground. Can´t wait for it to grow full size!

Photobucket

And here´s our chinese parsley which I think will not make it :-( It was planted the same period as italian parsley but see how miserable these looks!

Photobucket

Moving on ... we got all our spring and summer flowers replaced with these. I´m not sure what its called coz forgot to write the names down when I spotted them at the shop. We didn´t get them from most of the garden centres as it cost a whopping 1Euro each and we need 60 of it! But as luck has it one evening, we went to check out the florist shop adjoining the graveyard. It was around the same price but was given tips by the sales assistant to come back in two weeks.

Coincidently, the lady is the girlfriend of Frank´s brother. She also shared us that the next batch will be from the wild instead of grown in green houses hence, will be stronger. And the best part is, they only cost 35 cents each!

Juergen went to pick 3 trays up the following week along with premium grade soils all the way from Czechs. The soil cost us 24 euro for 4 packets and if you add the cost of the flowers in at 21 euro, this adds up to 45 euro / RM240 to change all our balcony flower!

Damn ex isn´t it? Luckily, only twice a year. Perhaps we will just replace everything with lavendar next season. Easy to grow and sturdy.

Photobucket

But look at these babies greeting us 24 hours a day. So worth it. According to Juergen, these wild flowers will FILLED UP the whole pot in 2 months time. I can´t wait!

Photobucket

Moving to downstairs. Remember the plot of land Mama Else gave us? We planted some salads, parsley, choy sum and spinach.

The salads are doing very well.

Photobucket

So as the parsleys.

Photobucket

And spinachs. We have 3 rows of them!

Photobucket

Mr. Siew, the proprietor of Tai Wing Asian store in Enschede said that the weather is too cold for Choy Sum to grow. But look at ours! Hahahaha. My only wish is, please don´t stop growing!

Photobucket

So that´s our little gardening adventure there.

But I´ve also captured some lovely flower photo from Mama´s garden for Ivy.

IVY! THIS IS FOR YA!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Have a great week ahead everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Lianne! You have such green fingers - clap clap tapek tapek :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehee, you know what is strange? I never had them back in KL, hence I shall give credit to the soil here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lianne, thanks for stopping by my blog. You´ve so many beautiful flowers. This year, I´ve only grundkohl and thymian in my backyard :). I´ve been in Hamburg since 2002

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Retno, me and Mama Else removed them all yesterday and got them replaced with winter flowers :-) Waiting for it to grow out nicely. Ahhh, Hamburg´s beautiful. Was there in April. And you get Mackerel there? How lucky! I´m still hunting for it, or rather .. no idea what is its name in deutsch! hehe

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.