Saturday, 12 July 2008

Bora Asmara

Photobucket

It was an afternoon like any other Saturday. Wake up at 8am, roll around the bed until I get sick of it before staggering to the bathroom to freshen myself up. My tummy were drumming vigorously, a result of late night snacking from the previous night.

I shall have something light. There's heavy lunch later, I reminded myself.

Photobucket

Lunch Time

With less than 10 minutes, I was seated in a romantic, tranquiled Balinese restaurant with Joyce. The sound of gamelan music greeted us at the doorstep, while soft wind from the surrounding caressed us gently. I needed a quiet break badly, and Joyce being a dear friend, knew exactly that.

The unlimited flow of Sirap Selasih quinched our thirst
Photobucket

Selection of Ulam and Sambal Belacan to open up our appetite. The sambal was really good. It was spicy, kicking and pretty smelly.
Photobucket

Bora Asmara offers a few variety of set lunches during the day and Joyce opted for their Beef Rendang main. She loved it for its spiciness and tenderness.
Photobucket

My set lunch came with Ikan Pari Kari. Again here, it was spicy, tender and fresh.
Photobucket

Their set lunches came with unlimited refill of white rice and sirap selasih but too bad, we stopped at first place as both of us were on a mission to loose some weight. Since we had little rice, we were glad that its set lunches came with a plate of succulent, fresh and oh sooo flavourful Ayam Goreng. I finished the whole plate with no problem.
Photobucket

It also came with Roast Beef to share, but since I don't take beef, Joyce finished them all.
Photobucket

To finish off, New York Cheesecake to share. Another winner.
Photobucket

The bill came up to a mere RM42.00 for the two of us. I love the ambience and the food here, and fortunately, its just 10 minutes from my home in Sunway/Kota Damansara.

Where's this place?

Lot 2933, Kg Sg Penchala, Jalan Damansara
60000 Kuala Lumpur
Tel : 03 7726 0964

DO GIVE THIS PLACE A TRY! A REAL GEM!

11 comments:

  1. The place looks so quite and soothing just nice when you want to relax after a quite day. Can you take me there when we meet next year coz its a perfect place to catch up with you besides you know I love spicy kicking food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i thought you were in bali.. haha.. was gonna say, u shld try street food like da babi guling.. hehe.. but wow! nicely written.. had me hoodwinked.. great find just here in KL huh ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Been meaning to drop by...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kg Sg Penchala, opposite Damansara Perdana?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Shary, I'm not sure when I'll be back next year yet, maybe, mayyyybe during Chinese New Year IF tickets are reasonably priced. We have not looked into wedding date yet too lol, so ah .. when you back?

    Mei - Yup! Loved the place especially just minutes concrete jungle and suddenly you're in Bali. Oh I knowwww ... I've tried the fameeee Babi Guling from Ibu Oka last year! It wasssss lipsmacking!

    http://imbinitchy.blogspot.com/2008/01/third-day-in-bali.html

    WMW - oh you should. Do go at night if you can, coz I heard lots of great review about the place at night. The ambience is soooo the "lomantic" lol

    Simon - YUP! Just turn left after the traffic light and go straight. The restaurant is on your left hand side. This is THE perfect place for you lahhhh .. especially you and so many leng loi ahhh, perfect place to park toh and not many people will notice. If you come across someone you know ah, you can still hide at the bush! hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  6. good ah? Must give it a try. Heard such bad stories abt the food that I was scared. Everyone raved abt the ambience but said the food was awful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did not touch the beef though my friend commented it was good. My fried chicken was veryyy yummy, and flavourful, so as the Ikan Pari curry :-) I guess their set lunch item are worth exploring coz its picked from their true/tested recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wah the place definitely gets the nod..soo holidayy..

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely place, so relax and so well discovered!

    ReplyDelete
  10. 10 mins from yr house? that means 25 mins from mine lar..haha! ok lar, not too far...nice ambiance!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My fren just went to Bora Asmara on New Year's eve to have dinner. She said the service was lousy. Most of the food in the menu is not available, it took ages to get the meals they ordered. One of the dishes did not turn up at all till she had to cancel it. She and her family went back frustrated.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.