Tuesday, 10 June 2008

Restaurant D.U Cafe, Dataran Sunway

My brother is a typical chinaman whom favours anything good, and cheap. When it comes to food, there's no exception to it too, therefor, when my aunt decided to bring me here for dinner one evening, I know I'm in good hands for my brother had been raving about this coffeeshop to the whole family for months.

There's only two of us hence we limited the order to the following only. But trust me, the portions are hugeeee enough for three! We could hardly keep it in after finishing off with a cold glass of Sugar Cane Juice!

First, we attacked the Oyster Omelette / Or Chien. Two words. THE BEST. Just look at those juicy, plump oysters resting amongst the omelette! So huge isn't it?
Photobucket

Next, another super yummy, lard laden, sinful Carrot Cake / Char Kueh Kark! Look how moist the carrot cake is. The beansprouts were fat, juicy and crunchy still and when eaten together ... oh yummmm, you get a burst of flavour with soft, goey and crunchy texture.

Photobucket

I was kinda full for I'd earlier eaten something but my aunt wanted to try their Popiah again. She said it was good and I could not agree more! If you like Taiping style popiah, which sweet, reddish sauce, this one's for you. There's one more thing that's very unique about this popiah which was, it contains dried shrimp, I think.

Photobucket

Thanks Auntie Kim Moi for the yummy dinner!

10 comments:

  1. the oyster in the hor chien looks great! Was the omelette crispy? personally i love the egg crispy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mei, its a combi of crispy and goey type lol. guess you can always request them to crispify them more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!I like Popiah and want to have a try. Can i have the location?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wah, the Or in the Or Chien really plump. Juicy or not?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Pink Panther,

    take the LDP towards Kepong toll, turn left after passing 1Utama. You are than, at Jalan Surian whereby Ikea/Curve etc is on your right hand side. Maintain on the road and head straight, go under the tunnel bypassing Pelangi Condo and Palmspring Condo (orange colour). That is two traffic light system you're passing through and afterwhich you will reach Dataran Sunway on the right side, with shops and more shops. The coffeeshop is around there. Hope you can find it :-)

    Simon - of course lah juicyyyy ... damn fresh too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Popiah is one of my favourite snack. Ipoh's version contains dried shrimps too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh .. never knew that. i was assuming its similar to taiping ones since ipoh and taiping close together lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. really looks delicious the popiah....popiah is my fav and till now, I cant find the best popiah taste....

    ReplyDelete
  9. wah...the oyster sure looks big and juicy.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.