Monday, 12 May 2008

Hong Kee Dim Sum, Damansara Jaya

Photobucket

Isn't this place a legend amongst PJayians, and KLites? I really do think so for, its been blogged by many well known bloggers and when we arrive last Saturday morning, it was PACKED! Goodness ... it sure does wake you up to quickly grab the nearest table while holding your saliva back when their staff swayed across the coffeeshop with trays of goodies. *slurp*

There wasn't any occasion to call for, but instead, to fulfill an angmoh's wish to have dimsum before he departs back to France. The moment we sat down, we went on an order spree!

Everything went too fast, I was busy grabbing my food and simply did not have enough time to capture all the food pics. Not too mention, the environment were a bit chaotic, as we were placed in a centrally located table. There's also Kiri, Aiden and my niece Ashleen around hence, you can imagine what its like.

Here are just SOME of the dimsum I'd captured. The above; Siu Long Pao were mediocre. Skin were a bit thick but loved the juicy filling. Hong Kong Chee Cheong Fun below, which we ordered two, were nicely done with perfect texture flat based rice noodle, generous mix of prawn and char siu and equally good soya sauce to go over it. Highly recommended for it was smooth and delicious.
Photobucket

Tofu Fishpaste, serving was tasty and portioned well, too bad it was not hot.
Photobucket

I picked this up for I adore dimsum style Stuffed Green Chilli Pepper. However, and again, it was served cold. Taste was good and fresh though.
Photobucket

We ordered their Yam Puff too but was left half untouched. Perhaps, not too good?
Photobucket

Lillian ordered two plates of their Fried Prawn Dumpling with Mayo Sauce and were whacked up by her two little ones. They loved it very much, hence must be good lor.
Photobucket

I can't remember what this is, nor can I remember how it taste like. The problem with too many varieties!
Photobucket

I remembered this well. It's Steamed Glutinous Rice isn't it? Yay, brownie point. Sorry ah, shiok sendiri again :-) I kinda prefer Hong Kee's version, as compared to The Little Dim Sum Place for theirs were not too oily. Taste wise were on par.
Photobucket

Without fail, I would gauge how good a dimsum is but ordering a few must have. One of them is Siu Mai, which I find not too bad. It was fresh tasting, with chunks of meat/prawn marinade evident in each bite. To think of it, its pretty good actually. Worth ordering.
Photobucket

Next were Fried Carrot Cake or Kuey Kak within my family member, and its one of my dad's favourite "tapau" item from Section 17 market whenever I request for him to bring home something. I find their Kuey Kak really good. Its moderately spicy, with the right amount of beansprout to provide the crunch. Simple and yummy.
Photobucket

Another must have item for gauging, and this Har Kao FAIL biggggg time. The skin were too thick and it had soooo much pepper in it! Avoid if you must.
Photobucket

One of their specialty item, Fried Glutinous Rice aka Sang Chou Loh Mai tasted delicious, for it was fried to perfection with lots of lapcheong, har mai, spring onion, egg and onion bits. Try them when you're here for, you have to fly all the way to SF to try the other variation!
Photobucket

Another item which I love where their Steamed Prawn & Meat Dumpling. Very similar in taste with Siu Mai, but bigger portion. Nice.
Photobucket

A sweet lovely ending of Almond Jelly and Longan, after the long wait for Angie & Ivan joined us halfway. I had to choice to wrap up my meal with dessert first, but its always nice to enjoy the grand finale together, isn't it?
Photobucket

The photo that's missing here were Fishballs, Egg Tart and Char Siu Pau.

Alas, I did not manage to try them too, however do stay tune for my sis and I will be revisiting again this Sunday. Woohoo!

Thanks Ivan for picking up the bill!

1 comment:

  1. Was wondering when I read from the begining whether you got to eat the Sang Chow Lo Mai Fan! Great stuff...yeah, I eat that when I'm in San Francisco at Washington Cafe in Chinatown!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.