Monday, 10 December 2007

Shanghainese at Dragon I

It was a public holiday for those working in Selangor.

Happy Birthday Sultan of Selangor!!! A year older, a year wiser and errr ... shame on me, that's all I know of birthday wishes but not much on who our state Sultan is, his name, nor how he look like. I don't know how long has he been in helmed, or what are his actual role but I reckon its along the line as a symbolic figure for goodwill related matter.

Whatever it is, it sure is great to have a day off work to do what I love best ... which is to eat.

My day started with my original plan to go downtown for a lunch appointment. I had a guest from Kyoto to discuss food related matter and naturally, I was pretty excited over it. However, due to chicken and duck mismatched communication, I ended up in 1U earlier part of the day for a little eye feasting. Shopping lah.

The clock says it was 10.30am. Most retail were closed, particularly F&B outlet whereby preparation work usually takes up some chunk of their time. However, Dragon-I was open. Yay!

Feeling hungry as nothing went to my stomach since 8am, I went on an ordering rampage. These were what I ate.

La Mian Szechuanese Style (RM12)
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

One word. OILY. Taste were mediocre, however, I liked the texture of the noodle which were medium firm.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I'm a big fan of cold dishes hence, I was having a hard time deciding which to order. I picked this Cold Pork Shank Slices with Jelly Fish (RM12) in the end as it came with two varieties in a reasonable size serving. The texture of the jelly were good, and it tasted fresh but, I didn't like the sesame only drizzle. The pork shank slices were mediocre when you dip then with the accompanying sauce that tasted a cross between soya sauce and thick caramel sauce.

On every table however, were a container of chilli jam for you to dip your food into. I like this very much as it contains dried shrimp.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

By now, I was already close to full. However, I've got another one more dish to go which is Deep Fried Beancurd Skin with Cheese (RM9). I loveee this. Apart from cheese, there were chunks of fresh prawn pieces embedded inside the cheese melt. Both the cheese and prawn blended in so well. Yum!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I though my second visit to Dragon I would change my point of view towards their food. However, I'm not getting it still. The food here is not that great but if you fancy a nicely done up place without paying top-end prices, this place is for you. As for me, I'll pass this in the future.

After some eye feasting, I was craving for some dessert to sweeten my sweet tooth. Coincidently, Secret Recipe were just right infront of me when the need striked OR was it the other way round *big grin* so ... here goes

Tadaaaa .... presenting you a special creation by our very own Amber Chia and Carmen Soo, two famous local celebrity whom participated in Secret Recipe's donation campaign to the unfortunate. I picked Strawberry Chocolate (RM6.50) because its proceed goes to World Vision (a child sponsoring organisation). Other than that, the cake looked really delish!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Sometimes, you can judge a book by its cover *big grin*

2 comments:

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.