Friday, 30 November 2007

Fresh Japanese Food in Sushi Zanmai

Work meeting at Midvalley, took me to this japanese chain of restaurant during lunch.

Work had been hectic due to year end. Plus the fact that today's my second day in one of Malaysia's busiest mall, its taken a toll off my body and right now, what I really want to do is go hug my bolster and dream away. Tonigth will surely be a better night than yesterday - no thanks to the heavy dosage of caffeine I'd consumed in the afternoon. Part of the reason why I'm exhausted *sleepy grin*

Before that, let me share with you my lunch take at Sushi Zanmai, a highly recommended conveyor belt chain restaurant from Japan. I've tried their first outlet in Sunway Pyramid and liked it very much. Since my lunch buddy's a huge japanese food fan, SHARE I MUST.

This was what we had.

Unadon (RM8.80), one of their inferior dish. The unagi tasted scally and had pieces of tiny bone that turned me off. Otherwise, it would have been perfect as the taste was actually good.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Kani Miso Shiru (RM6.80), soup based were a bit saltier than usual but overall, was quite a unique soup to accompany your meal.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I had an order of Chuka Wakame (RM3.80). The cold seaweed and agar agar were refreshing and delicious.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

We love this so much that we had an order each. Salmon Ikura (RM4.80) which came with fresh cut of raw salmon and juicy salmon roe, nestled in Sushi Zanmai's signature sushi rice. I love the bursting flavour of these two combo in my mouth. Delectable.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Japanese onions are really sweet and fragrant as compared to our local counterpart, hence I simply had to order these Sake (RM4.80) again. Cute shape. Taste was just as good.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I had to order another portion. Love it. Sake (RM3.80) with Japanese Onion and Mayonaise. Very, very fresh and melt in your mouth. Simply can't get enough of it!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The black plate from the conveyor belt denotes that the item are specially created and are not listed in their menu, hence, no idea what its name were. Priced at only RM4.80 a plate, it is both visually attractive and tasted great too. Seen below are fried shrimp roll, wrapped with layer of japanese rice, mayonaise and bonito flakes.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Sashimi Salad (RM12.80) with Zanmai's dressing. This was J's salad, but I stole a bite. As expected, all the ingredients were fresh and Zanmai dressing with delicious and light too. It was a bit tangy and sweet. Love it.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Almost perfect ending to our lovely lunch, Matcha & Matcha (RM12.00) with creamy scoop of green tea ice cream and cream, served with a substituted fresh strawberry as they ran out of Matcha Jelly. Still good neitherless as the green tea ice cream made up to it.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

It was great lunch. I would definately return again.

3 comments:

  1. hmmm like there's no cornflakes in your matcha matcha? da one at pyramid outlet, too much of cornflakes....! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. mine has cornflakes, but not that much. it was alright but they ran out of the matcha jelly :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just ate there an hour ago. to my horror, there was a tiny worm inside my yasai miso soup. Jeez can't they try to keep things clean.

    ReplyDelete